This is by far the easiest and coolest artwork your kids can do.
- a white stretched canvas that you can pick up at any craft store, choose whatever size you like
- acrylic paint in as many shades as you want to use
- a couple applicator sponges (59 cents at the craft store)
make sure you have lots of damp paper towels handy and another adult for help if needed.
- use one color at a time and sponge the paint evenly on the child's hand(s). Have them carefully place their handprint on the canvas and repeat a few times until you have enough of that color.
- Let the handprint dry and then repeat with the next color and switch hands.
- Repeat this process until you are happy with the final prints.
I have also seen this done with feet but you must be careful not to rip the canvas. You can also paint the background first if you don't want a white canvas.